In addition to academic training, Excelsior Springs Job Corps provides career technical training in several vocational trades.
Job Corps is committed to the development of green job training. All students who enter in Advanced Manufacturing, Automotive, or Construction career technical training areas will train in a variety of green subject areas. These career areas are marked below with a green tree icon .
- Building and Apartment Maintenance (operated by the Home Builder's Institute)
- Carpentry (operated by the United Brotherhood of Carpenters Union)
- Painting (operated by the International Brotherhood of Painters and Allied Trades)
- Cement Masonry (operated by the Cement Masons and Plaster's Union)
- Culinary Arts
- Health Occupations (under the guidance of the Missouri Department of Aging)
- Medical Office Support
As part of their career technical training, students are placed in work-based learning opportunities with area businesses to gain valuable on the job training.
Advanced Training Opportunities
Students may train in the TCU Advanced Transportation & Clerical Training Program which is operated by the Transportation Communications International Union (TCU). Graduates of this program are often hired by a host of employers such as Amtrak, AT&T, CSX Transportation, Canadian Pacific Railroad, Norfolk Southern Railway, Teletech, and Union Pacific Railroad.
Our students may also transfer to other Job Corps centers for advanced training in specific trade fields.
Return to top of page
Page last updated:
Thursday, June 09, 2011